The 17th year of the “Young Package” international competition aimed at young designers from all around the world has just been announced! Entries are now being accepted for Young Package 2012!
Young Package 2012 brings only one theme this year – the tea. The task of all participants is to pack an object related to tea drinking. It does not have to be tea leaves or tea bags. Into the competition all packages for objects inspired by tea culture, tea rooms or tea ceremonies are accepted. The packages should represent traditional drink in today´s style.
The competition is aimed at young designers up to 30 years of age. This year the special prize of Slovak Design Centre will be awarded too.
Design an Object Related to Tea Drinking
Beneficial effects of tea leaves poured with boiling water are known in every corner of the world. The hot drink heals, dissolves ailments, tones up, gives energy and it also connects people in a unique social ritual. Let yourselves be inspired by a thousand-year-long culture of tea drinking and create an object that would contribute to its further flowering. Wrap tea leaves, tea bags, prepare a gift package, think of an original tea bag or tea service. Show how such a traditional drink can be presented today.
The competition jury will mainly assess:
- innovativeness and creativity;
- package ergonomics;
- easy manipulation ( packages should be easily open by elder people or children as well ) environmental aspects;
- shape, and originality of the idea;
- constructional imaginativeness;
- quality presentation.
Participants will submit their entries in the form of a full-scale functional model. This means that it must be a functional mock-up; if it is designed to open, it must open. The model must be of high quality, with regard to potential representational and exhibition purposes.
The works can be registered in two groups: high-school students or university students and designers up to 30 years of age.
Young Package 2012 Offers Cash Prizes for the Best Entries in Different Categories
- University students and young designers of up to 30 years of age
- 1st prize: €1200
- 2nd prize: €400
- 3rd prize: €300
- In this group the Prize of Slovak Design Centre will be awarded.
- High-school students
- 1st prize: €800
- 2nd prize: €200
- 3rd prize: €120
All winners will be also awarded with prizes (books, tickets, magazine subscriptions etc.) from our partners.
A Competition Aimed at Young Designers Up to 30 Years of Age
- High school, college, university students, and designers of up to 30 years of age can register for Young Package 2012.
- Entries sent by postal service will be accepted from participants registered through online registration form.
- The competition category is not limited by existing products.
- Material used for competition work must be material that can be polygraphically processed and of the type used by the company Model Obaly, mainly a whole range of corrugated cardboard, smooth and mock-up board.
Register for Young Package 2012 Online, then Mail Your Entries
An online registration is required after which entries can be mailed to the organizer’s address.
Competition entries must be mailed to Czech Design by 15 March 2012, 18:00 UTC+01, carefully wrapped so that they arrive undamaged. Please read the complete Terms and conditions before submitting.
K Safině 562,
149 00 Praha 4