The Young International Contest of Contemporary Art (YICCA) aims to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art.
The are no special qualifications requested for entry. The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals who work permanently in one of the eligible countries.
15 artists will be selected for an exhibition in Berlin.
All kinds of works of art are accepted, including video, installations and performances.
All works will be presented by a picture or a video that must be followed by a description of the work.
- Pictures are loaded automatically through the registration form on the official website.
- Pictures can be uploaded with formats: jpg or gif.
- The system provides automatic resizing of pictures for presentation in the preview pages and a downsizing to the maximum size of 300 x 300 pixels with 72 dpi resolution for viewing in-depth article.
- Pictures with lower resolution and/or format will be presented without downsizing.
- It’s necessary to send a (still) frame from video for preview in formats: jpg or gif.
- The system provides automatic resizing of frame for presentation in the preview pages.
- Videos can be uploaded in formats: asf, asx, avi, divx, dv, dvx, m4v, mov, mp4, mpeg, mpg or wmv.
- Published videos will have automatic resolution format of 640 x 360 px.
The jury will select 15 artists for the final exhibition. The jury verdict upon the winners is irrevocable, and will consist in proclamation of 15 artists participating at the exhibition in Berlin.
Moho Association is pleased to offer free stay in Berlin at the opening day of exhibition to the selected artists.
- The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals who work permanently in one of the eligible countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
- Each registered artist can submit a single work of art.
- All the works must be available for the final exhibition and have to be artist’s property.
How to enter?
Submit your work through the registration form on the official website.
The registration form must be fill out with:
- artist name and surname, pseudonym or name of artist group
- e-mail address,
- title of work (or word “untitled”),
- brief description of the work (technique, year, features etc.- max 1500 types),
- image of the work in jpg or gif format. In case of video must be uploaded a picture frame type (still video) necessary for submission;
- the video have to be uploaded through the special function on the website.
Before forwarding of registration it will be necessary to choose a method of entry fee payment equal to €30.