Yota Space Festival 2012 announces an international competition in digital and multimedia art. Yota Space is an international festival in Saint Petersburg dedicated to digital culture and digital art. From the very first year Yota Space attracted the international new media community. Yota Space festival is a space for future, a captivating creative environment, and a platform for experience exchange.
With this call, Yota Space invites residents of any country in the world: artists, programmers, graphic designers, 3D-graphic artists, architects, students and professionals from all related fields. The winning projects will be presented at Yota Space, which will be held in St Petersburg in Spring 2012.
Yota Space is the best opportunity to show your work to international creative community.
Yota Space is Calling for Digital and Multimedia Artworks
The goal of this contest is to identify the most interesting works, which are consistent with the Festival’s topics, in the field of interactive technologies and design for their subsequent public demonstration within the framework of the Festival.
Eligible entries must be related to:
- Interactive installations / interactive art;
- Generative art;
- 3D mapping;
- Interactive applications and games;
- Screening programs;
- Light graffiti;
- Light, kinetic, immersive sculptures, objects and installations;
- New media-based performances.
Very Important: The jury will consider only existing works, Yota Space does not finance the production of new projects. Works that imply a static demonstration of the form (photographs, paintings, sculptures etc.) with the exception of 3D-mapping and screening programs projects sent for the contest are required to use interactive technologies and/or special software.
Present Your Work on Yota Space 2012
Yota Space festival producers grant the winners:
- the opportunity to present their work at Yota Space;
- implementation of the technical rider, flights and transfers to non-resident and foreign participants;
- visa support and accommodation during the set up and opening of the festival.
Important to Know
- With this call for submissions, Yota Space invites residents of any country in the world.
- If you send more than one project, you need to register each work separately.
- You need to make sure you are able to provide high resolution images and video. Transmitting and publication of your work will also require high-quality pictures and HD-video (1920 x 1080) or non-compressed files (.mov, .avi etc.). Yota Space does not pay for the cost of conversion. Before placing your work please ensure that your master copies have no problems with video and sound.
- Groups of authors are welcome, but you only need to give contact details of one group member, during registration.
How to Submit to Yota Space Festival 2012?
Apply online, through Yota Space official website.