Moho Association is pleased to announce the official opening of the Yicca 2012 contest. The contest 2012 is the natural continuation of Yicca 2011 contest, where the great success with over 1000 participants has prompted the association to expand its relations and cooperation with galleries and professionals.
Twelve artists selected by the jury will have the opportunity to exhibit their participating work in Prague, in “The Chemistry Gallery” in the period between 4 to 25 October 2012.
A Chance to Join the International Market of Contemporary Art
The competition’s aim is to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art. The are no special qualifications required for entry.
This aim will be pursued by taking advantage of the opportunities that the contest offers:
- exhibit of selected artworks in a private exhibition space, determined by competition, set at contemporary art gallery
“The Chemistry Gallery” – Prague (Czech Republic)
- improvement of the relationship between finalists and critics, curators, gallery owners, public and private art institutions that will have access to this important exhibition.
- maximum visibility access through the advertising campaign that will follow the competition and all its stages
- the works of selected artist will be published on “YICCA 2012” catalogue which will be distributed free of charge to the finalists and will be available for professionals and institutions invited during the inauguration of the event.
- the finalists of the competition will have the possibility to stay in Prague for free during the opening day, as well.
The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals who are at least 18 years old, from any country.
All kinds of art works are accepted, including video, installations and performances.
The jury will select 12 artists for the final exhibition.
- 30 Euro per registration