WorldNomads.com has just opened application for the 2013 Travel Film Scholarship competition, offering non-professional filmmakers around the world a chance to go on a filmmaking assignment to New Orleans.
This competition is a chance for you to spend 10 days in New Orleans under the mentorship of filmmaker and director Brian Rapsey. In that time you will be producing 3-5 three-minute travel-themed videos that we will share with the world!
Solo and Team applications may be submitted.
Here’s what you will be doing during your residency in New Orleans, if selected as a winner:
- You will meet up with some Trippers, and native residents of New Orleans to join in some of their favorite local activities – it could be exploring the hidden corners of the French Quarter, sitting down to a backyard crawfish boil, attending a live jazz gig in Marigny or lining up along the parade route to catch throws from the famous Mardi Gras krewes.
- Find out what makes Mardi Gras in New Orleans, one of the most exciting festivals in the U.S., from sneaking a peek behind the scenes of the production, to meeting the parade participants to joining the throngs of street musicians, locals and revelers in streets afterwards.
- Visit a development project in the lower 9th Ward and learn how the community has changed and rebuilt after Hurricane Katrina.
- Test your gastronomical limits by sampling the many Southern delights of the Big Easy including po’ boys, gumbo, jambalaya, beignets, shrimp etouffee, King Cake and maybe even some alligator sausage!
- …plus many more exciting activities!
- Every day you’ll catch up with your mentor Brian to review your footage, discuss your story direction and floss him for tips of the trade over a Sazerac or two.
For further details please visit the official website.