The World Summit Youth Award (WSYA) invites once again young designers, e-content creators, writers and bloggers from around the world to enter their online-projects in an international multimedia competition: using internet and mobiles to put the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) into Action!
WSYA is both a showcase to the world for young e-content creators, journalists and writers, application designers, technologists and as well as a contribution on a global scale to adressing poverty, protecting the environment, sharing knowledge and empowering young people.
The World Summit Youth Awards mission is to empower youth by creating digital opportunity. In spite of their technological expertise, young people remain marginalized, unemployed and lacking voice in the decisions that affect them each day. If youth are given a space to showcase their skills, ideas and projects, they will be empowered as agents for social change and creativity.
In addition, the networking and skill-sharing between award winners and WSIS delegates can open new doors to the information society.
Submissions must be made:
- under one of the six categories:
- Fight Poverty, Hunger and Disease
- Education for All
- Power 2 Women
- Create your Culture
- Go Green
- Pursue Truth
- free of offensive or plagiarized content which violate dignity or human rights will not be evaluated
- made by an authorized person
The evaluation is done on the basis of five criteria:
- Content: Quality and comprehensiveness of content and relevance for MDGs.
- Design: Usability and aesthetic value of layout and graphichs
- Innovation & Creativity: Demonstration of significant originality and novelty
- Interactivity: Level of engagement and action offered by to site users
- Focus: Clarity of what the site or application is aiming to achieve.
- Invitation for the winners and runner-ups (in each category) to the WSYA Events 2010. Travel and accommodation costs will be covered.
- The WSYA Events 2010 will be designed to bring young people from around the world together with participants of the UN Global Alliance for ICT and Development Global Forum, representatives from participating UN Organisations and agencies, governments and NGOs, and the private sector to get a better understanding of the significance of their contribution and the forces and trends of current development to achieve the MDGs.
- Presentation of the winner’s projects at the WSYA Events 2010 and invitation to participate in Workshops.
- Web showcase of all nominated projects and extensive promotion through the WSYA network.
- Unique and very useful networking and co-operation possibilities with ICT experts, business leaders, multimedia producers and creatives and youth to youth organizations.
- To be eligible for the WSYA the project must be initiated and executed by youth under the age of 30.
- Please note that members of the WSYA Board, the Volunteer Team at ICNM and employees of sponsors are not eligible to participate.
- The product should be fully functional and operational at the time of submission; projects which do not function will not be juried.
- It must be accessible over the Internet (whether it is designed for fixed line, broadband or mobile use).
How to enter?
Register on the official website and submit your entries.