The Association of Illustrators (AOI), in partnership with Directory of Illustration, is pleased to announce the Call for Submissions for the 2017 World Illustration Awards.
For over four decades, the AOI has presented the most prestigious Award for contemporary illustration in the UK and globally, celebrating the most inspiring illustration throughout the world.
All Category Winning entries and a selection of other shortlisted work will be included in the awards exhibition at Somerset House in August 2017. Somerset House is a major arts and cultural centre in the heart of London. Selected works will be toured for 12 months, exhibiting to over 50,000 visitors.
The World Illustration Awards 2017 competition includes the following categories:
- Advertising – Illustration commissioned for the purpose of commercial advertising
- Books – Illustration commissioned and published within the book format for a readership of 16 years or over
- Children’s Books – Illustration commissioned and published within the book format for a readership of 16 years or under
- Design – Illustration commissioned and published within the context of a design brief
- Editorial – Illustration commissioned and published within the context of journalism, comment, reporting, current affairs, campaigning, social comment and news communication in any media and for any platform
- Research – Illustration commissioned for the purpose of undertaking research and communicating knowledge
- Site Specific – Illustration created for a specific place, often in the built or natural environment, that responds to a particular location such as hospital wards, scaffolding covers, wall murals etc.
- Self-Initiated – Projects developed by the artist and not in response to an external brief
Any illustrator from around the world working in any medium can enter as many projects as they wish to the Awards.
Entries must have been published or created during the 2016 calendar year or up until the final deadline in February 2017.
World Illustration Awards 2017 Entry Fees
The following entry fees apply:
- £25 per Single Entry; £45 per Multiple Entry, or
- €30 per Single Entry; €54 per Multiple Entry, or
- $33 per Single Entry; $60 per Multiple Entry