The Fourth World Biennial of Student Poster, organized by the University of Novi Sad and the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad, is open to all undergraduate and graduate students of art colleges where the discipline of poster art is a part of the curriculum.
The 1st prize winner gets the right to organize a solo exhibition at the next Biennial with ten (10) posters an optional choice.
The opening ceremony of the Biennial will be held at the hall of the Executive Council of Autonomous Province of Vojvodina in Novi Sad in November/December 2010.
There are two competitive categories available:
- Free subject: posters made during the last two school years as a part of the curriculum
- Field: Social posterTheme: Against the inappropriate, violent and aggressive spectator behaviour of the youth at sports events
Obligatory text at the poster: Play fair – No flame play
- A CategoriesThe 1st prize winner gets the right to organize a solo exhibition at the next Biennial with ten (10) posters an optional choice. The prizes and awards consist of: monetary prizes, plaques and certificates.
- Student’s Prizes
- 1st prize – €1500
- 2nd prize – €800
- 3rd prize – €400
- Equipment Compensation
- 1st – €200
- 2nd – €200
- 3rd – €200
- Student’s Prizes
- B CategoriesThe jury will select the winners and award them the prizes, the amount of which will be announced later on.
The competition theme is supported and financed by the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Serbia.
A colour catalogue of the Fourth World Biennial of Student Poster – Novi Sad 2010 will be published, including all the works accepted by the Selection Jury.
All participants in the Biennial will receive a free copy of the catalogue, paying only for the postage.
- Only students at academies and colleges of arts where the discipline of poster art is part of the curriculum have the right to participate at the competition.
- All posters must represent the student’s work performed within the last two school years and verified by the professors’ signature.
- All received posters will become a part of a special Biennial’s collection at the Academy of Arts in Novi Sad and can be used in didactic purposes. They will be presented at the Biennial’s web site. By filling in the application form, the entrants accept the terms of the organizer of the Biennial exhibition.
- The high-resolution version should be JPG – quality 10, CMYK – 8 Bits/channel, 2756 x 3937 pixel or PDF, CMYK, 70 x 100 cm, 100 pixels/inch
- Do not send printed copies. The WBESP will make print-outs for jury review, as well as exhibition prints of winning posters.
- Each student can participate with three (3) posters.
How to enter?
Poster entries must be submitted via the official website as digital files, using the online entry form.
Through the electronic submission process, an entry form and labels will be automatically generated. Information on the entry form will be used in the exhibition’s catalog and other Biennial publications.