For the third year in a row, Rethink is teaming up with Langara College to offer an $18,000 scholarship to aspiring art directors and designers. The lucky winner will receive full tuition for Langara College’s two-year Communication and Ideation (CID) program and an internship at Rethink.
Your job is to put your most interesting ideas into that sketchbook to demonstrate what you can do. Your book should also tell something about who you are – so get creative.
Aspiring creatives are invited to submit a black hardcover sketchbook that showcases their creativity.
To apply, students are asked to fill a classic black sketchbook in any way they want. Or take it apart and rebuild it into something totally different. They simply need to convey their ideas, passion and creativity using only the black book.
The sketchbook can be any size in terms of width and height, but it must have a hard black cover. Also, the number of pages in the book might vary depending on where you get it, though it should not exceed 250.
Remember not to worry about filling out the whole book, because a few brilliant ideas are always better than a huge pile of mediocre work.
Plain and simple, the organizers want a book that amazes. Here’s a few criteria the books will be judged on:
- Clarity. Both in your idea(s) and your execution.
- Relevance. Keep in mind the program you’re applying to.
- How fresh the thinking is.
- Quality not quantity. Don’t show every idea you’ve ever had please.
- The craft and execution of your work.
The creator of the best sketchbook will win a two-year, fully paid $18,000 scholarship to Langara’s Communications and Ideation Design Program.
The scholarship recipient will also intern at Rethink.
- There’s no age limit to enter the contest, but you’ll need to be at least 19 years old as of 1 September 2011.
- If you’re an international applicant, you are welcome to apply, but your scholarship with be contingent upon issue of a valid student visa.
How to enter?
Download the submission form, fill it out and include it with your book.
Mail your book to:The Rethink Scholarship
700-470 Granville St.
Have a question? Write to: questions [at] rethinkscholarship.com (please replace [at] with @).