Calling emerging artists everywhere!
Visual Overture Magazine is now accepting entries for the “Featured Emerging Artists” competition, winners presented in the Summer 2011 issue.
These artists are given the most attention in the publication, each receiving two pages showcasing their art, a short interview, and notes from the juror.
The juror will select 7 emerging artists to be published.
- Accepted Types of Art:
- Sculpture, Metals, Textiles, Photography, Mixed Media, Painting, Drawing, Video Art, Moving Art, Digital Art, Printmaking, Ceramics, Glass, Installation
- Accepted File Types:
- Images for 2D and 3D art must be .jpg (set at 300dpi) and between 200k and 2MB
- Only video/moving image artists may submit video files of .mov, .wmv, or .mp4 (up to 30MB)
Seven artists, selected by the juror Rob Jones, are given the most attention in the Summer 2011 issue of Visual Overture Magazine. These artists will be receiving two pages showcasing their art, a short interview, and notes from the juror.
Winners receive 3 complimentary copies of the publication, plus a $100 giftcard to Slide Scanning Pros.
- You must be 18 years or older at time of submission.
- You must not be currently enrolled in any undergraduate studies.
- Submitted art must have been created within the last 3 years.
- Artists may submit to both competitions if they meet the requirements for each.
- Artists previously published in Visual Overture Magazine are not eligible for submission for one year after publication.
How to enter?
Entries are only accepted online through the official web submissions form.
The entry fee is $17 per artist.