Vision Quest Photo Workshops announces a new yearly grant of a one-week photographic artist’s residency.
Spend five days to one week alone in the woods devoted to nourishing your artistic spirit at Vision Quest’s Trade River Retreat Center in NW Wisconsin. Invest in your artistic growth and move your career forward with an intensive one-on-one private or small group workshop.
Mid-career fine-art photographers looking for a retreat-like experience to work on their art are eligible to apply.
- Mid-career fine-art photographers looking for a retreat-like experience to work on their art, reflect on their artistic direction, make new photographs, plan new career paths, have time away from work/family/life pressure and stress or use in any way they find useful to move their art or career forward or use the time away to simply reflect on where they are and where they are headed.
1 (one) week
The residency grant covers the cost of $675 for one week stay at the Trade River Retreat Center, near Grantsburg, Wisconsin. You provide your own groceries.
Residency dates are flexible and will occur from Spring to late Fall. You will have one year to complete your residency.
The residency will include a private consultation, in person or via phone or Skype, with Vision Quest Photo Workshops founder and director Douglas Beasley before the week begins to help set the tone and scope of time spent there and also after its conclusion, to discuss its impact on future artistic endeavors.
Submit application images to Smarter Entry.
Submit 12 .jpeg images (see submission guidelines below). Also send a 300 to 500-word artist statement about your past and current work and overall artistic direction, and a 300 to 500-word statement of what you would like to do with your residency.
To prepare your images for submission, please follow these specific instructions:
- sRGB or RGB color space (standard) – not CMYK.
- Save files to 72 dpi resolution, flattened layers, 8 bit JPG files.
- Sized to 1280 pixels on the longest side.
- JPG compression at level 7 (medium). This compression level will not affect the quality of the images viewed on the monitor.
- Enter zero in the field for width, height and depth.
- Each image should be titled.
- DO NOT USE characters other than a period or underscore preceding jpg in the file name. The following characters
!@#$%^&*()+?/"~will lead to image uploading problems.
Send artists statement and residency statement to info [at] douglasbeasley.com (please replace [at] with @).
There is a $20 application fee.