The AIA Florida Committee on the Environment (COTE) has opened registration for the 2011 video competition, “Architecture Leading Us to a Sustainable Future.” The purpose is to promote the creation of short video clips that highlight the architect’s leading role in creating sustainable and energy efficient environments and in leading the state and the nation to a sustainable future.
The competition is open to everyone! Architects, urban designers, planners, engineers, interior designers, environmentalists, videographers, students of all grade levels and the general public are all invited to enter.
Express your creativity. Inform the world!
Submit videos that highlight the architect’s leading role in creating sustainable and energy efficient environments.
The videos must be either:
- A public service announcement of a maximum of 30 seconds in length
- A longer piece not to exceed 180 seconds
The video must include a visual and/or verbal mention in the title of “ARCHITECTURE LEADING US TO A SUSTAINABLE FUTURE“. The AIA logo and mention of AIA Florida must only be added after the entry has been reviewed by AIA Florida.
Videos may use any combination of moving images, stills, drawings, graphics, voice-over, music, live action, animation, or subtitles.
- Grand Prize: $1000
- Two Honorable Mentions: $500
- The competition is open to everyone! Work as a team or individually.
- The Video cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind and should be an original creation developed for the competition.
- The Video must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright or license infringement.
- The Video must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- The Video must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state or U.S. Territory where the Video is created.
- Video files must be provided in one of the following file formats: .MPEG; .MOV; .AVI; .WMV. All video submissions must be in 16:9 aspect ratio
- The Video file size should be kept at or under 500 MB.
- Finalists may be asked to provide the original audio and video files used during production of the entry for broadcast purposes. This may include uncompressed QuickTime files, final audio mix and/or separate audio tracks for dialogue, music and effects.
- Titles and credits used to list cast and/or team members count toward time allowance. Titles and credits are mandatory and credit needs to be given for music, quotes, etc.
How to enter?
Register and submit your videos on the official website.
- $30 per video