Cinema City Festival, that is to be held from 5th to 12th June 2010 in Novi Sad, is officially opening call for entries in “Up to 10 000 bucks” selection. This is a competition selection, and it will present films made with a budget of less than 10,000 dollars, with authors who were bold and creative enough to present their ideas through them with limited funds.
The film that wins will gain money prize of 2,000 dollars.
“Up to 10 000 bucks” selection is one of the most attractive festival’s selections which, alongside numerous audience, each year discovers new talents and provides them with an opportunity of getting ahead in the film industry. Authors from the chosen films from all over the world will be guests of the festival, and will have the opportunity to meet each other and further educate themselves in the field through numerous workshops and master classes of prominent filmmakers.
In the past two years, “Up to 10 000 bucks” selection presented authors and films from Serbia, Japan, Greece, Israel, Lebanon, Germany, America, New Zealand, Georgia.
Submit short films that have been created with a budget of up to $10,000. All genres – short films, documentaries, feature films, all are welcome.
The jury of the selection of films made with up to $10,000 is giving the following awards:
- The best movie ($2000)
- The second award
- The third award
- Films applying need to be no older than 2008.
- All films must have English subtitles! Except where English is the original language.
- At the Festival films will be screened in MINI DV and BETA SP formats.
- Expenses of returning films will be covered by the Festival, whereas DVD preview copies will not be returned.
- Be sure to write the following declaration on your package – “FILM/VIDEO FOR FESTIVAL PURPOSES ONLY – NO COMMERCIAL VALUE”.
How to enter?
Fill-in and submit the online entry form available through the official website.
Preview copies on DVD should be sent to the following address:Cinema City
Up to 10,000 bucks
Trg mladenaca 5
21000 Novi Sad