The Typomania 2016 International Typography Video Festival has been announced and getting ready to open for fresh new typographical videos from all around the world.
Typomania is an annual type, typography, calligraphy and video feast, which aims to popularize the typography culture, be sensitive to traditions and support the most daring interesting experiments and projects. The festival is focused on young, creative, energetic people – designers, illustrators, animators.
The Festival is competitive and various prizes are awarded to the creators of the best typographical videos. The prizes for 2016 are yet to be announced.
Eligible for submission are videos — by groups or individuals — containing type as the active component, created between 2014 and 2016.
The following entry categories are open for the 2016 competition:
- Main category — videos containing type as the active component
- Presentation of a typeface — videos demonstrating the possibilities and particularity of a typeface
- Movie titles (commercial and student works) — captions for movies, cartoons, TV series, TV programs. Actual orders and student work.
- The visualisation of text (songs, poems or other texts) — a picture based on songs, poems or other text.
- «Typomania» category — animation of the TYPOMANIA logo.
Submission period begins on the 1st of March, 2016 and ends on the 1st of May, 2016.
Typomania 2016 is scheduled for 28–29 May 2016.