The ZNACZY SIE New Art Foundation is pleased to announce the Type Design International Student Competition “Milosz 2011”, one of the events celebrating 2011 as the Year of Czesław Miłosz.
The competition is open to students as well as 2010 and 2011 graduates. The main prize is 10,000 PLN.
All shortlisted projects will be exhibited at the ZNACZY SIE Gallery after the results of the competition have been announced.
The winning typeface will be used to publish Czesław Miłosz’s works.
The ZNACZY SIĘ New Art Foundation (Fundacja Sztuki Nowej ZNACZY SIĘ) wants to encourage creativity and new ways of thinking about Czesław Miłosz by celebrating the art of his word with the craft of typeface dedicated to this outstanding author.
Following its mission to open opportunities for young designers, ZNACZY SIĘ Foundation invites submissions from all currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students and recent graduates willing to challenge themselves to type design new and original Open Type fonts (OTF) suitable for publishing Czesław Miłosz’s works in Polish and English.
Please consider the following deadlines:
- Competition registration deadline: 31 May 2011
- Entry submission deadline: 31 August 2011
The winning typeface ‘Milosz’ along with all entries that have received honorable mentions will be exhibited at the ZNACZY SIĘ gallery in November 2011.
The winning entry will be known as typeface ‘Milosz’ and its author(s) will receive a prize of 10,000 Polish Zloty (PLN) (about €2,500). The typeface will also be widely promoted and used for publishing Czesław Miłosz’s works.
- The Type Design International Student Competition “Milosz2011” is open to undergraduate and graduate students, as well as recent graduates (who obtained degree in 2010 and 2011).
- Students and graduates of all majors and subjects of study are eligible to enter.
- There are no restrictions on the age, gender or nationality of participants.
- Participants can enter the Competition individually or in teams of up to five persons.
- Each entry must represent new and original work of the individual or the team.
- Previously published or released typefaces are not eligible for entry.
- Each individual participant or team may submit up to three entries.
- Each entry must be submitted separately.
- No electronic submissions will be accepted.
How to enter?
Each participating individual or team must register on the official website and download materials required for submitting the entry.
All entries must be accompanied by the official entry form which includes:
- full name of the student/graduate
- name of the supervisor/tutor
- name of college, university or institution of higher education
- address and contact details (e) signed statement of original work
Entries must be mailed or delivered to the office of ZNACZY SIĘ FoundationFundacja Sztuki Nowej ZNACZY SIĘ [ZNACZY SIĘ New Art Foundation]
ul. Kościuszki 37 30-105