Do you need a place to create your work, develop a project or experiment new ideas?
Trilobite Project invites you to travel to Cuernavaca city in State of Morelos Mexico, where the sun, the light and color make the creation possible. Oriented to visual artists, this Artist Residencies Program provides a space and the necessary infrastructure in order that the participants carry out their projects.
Applications for the Trilobite Project’s Artist Residencies Program April – August 2011 are now being accepted.
Oriented to visual artists, the Trilobite Project’s Artist Residencies Program provides a space and the necessary infrastructure in order that the participants carry out their projects; considering that this type of exchanges makes possible their work enrichment by means of the encounter with other artists of their same discipline, getting closer to another type of experiences, as well as knowing other perspectives of the artistic task.
One (1) week – three (3) months between April and August 2011
The residencies are offered as a temporary production alternative, in which the artists stay from a minimum of one week to three months accommodation period. Additionally, during the residence the possibility to visit the studies of other artists; paint, sculpture, ceramics, jewellery, Venetian and Byzantine mosaic, engraving and mural workshops and take art courses like creativity and wood carving.
The Artist Residencies Programme includes:
- Study shared use and the use of furniture such as tables, easels, among others.
- Access to common areas such as living room, dining room, library, terrace, garden, forest zones close to the residence.
- Three meals a day.
- Internet WiFi.
- Shared use of computer, scanner, printer, television and DVD player.
- Room service.
The Artist Residencies Programme does not include:
- Air or bus tickets.
- Transportation from the airport to Cuernavaca city and vice-versa.
- Local and/or regional transportation.
- Medical expenses insurance.
- Materials and tools to carry out the project. Utilities suffering wear or the materials required for creation of the work for example, pencils, brushes, paints, canvases, paper, etc. are not included.
- Domestic and international telephone calls.
The following materials information should be sent to proyectotrilobite [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @) or if you prefer you can send the formulary and the attached material by means of your country’s regular mail service.
- Application formulary
- Up to 5 former works images in JPEG format (attach specifications including title, dimensions, technique and year).
Postal address:Conrado Dominguez, Trilobite Project Director
Circuito Oyamel 518, Colonia del Bosque
Postal Code 62150, Cuernavaca Morelos
For any additional questions please e-mail: proyectotrilobite [at] gmail.com (please replace [at] with @).