Trentino Sviluppo, in partnership with the School of Design of Politecnico di Milano and the Department of Economics and Management of the University of Trento, announces the Trentino Design 3.0 competition, inviting all young designers to join.
Several stakeholders operating in the retail of home furniture and accessories in Trentino, Italy are aiming to establish a local supply chain that can support local manufacturing companies and forge a strong bond between design, the retailing industry, and local enterprises. And that’s what Trentino Design 3.0 is about.
The Competition offers three prizes of 5,000 Euro each, to be awarded in a three (3) stage evaluation format.
Trentino Design 3.0 aims at developing new home products that meet the needs of one or more of the following project briefs:
- Hang & Iron – for a system designed to manage clothes
- Mini Desk / Movable Storage Unit – for a product that shall be used as a support to laptops or handheld devices, or provide a support to eat while in bed and/or on the couch
- Open Kit System For Modular Furniture Solutions – for a multi-function system for modular furniture solutions designed to provide the same functions as a night- stand, shelf, small cabinet or cupboard
The open call focuses on the following three main innovation sectors:
- First of all, design, since it provides designers with a concrete opportunity to present their ideas by addressing a specific project for commercial purposes in a format that puts at stake 5,000 Euro as well as a copyright agreement with a local enterprise.
- Secondly, manufacturing, because it will allow the enterprises of Trentino to launch new products in a well-established retailing chain in partnership with the winners of the competition.
- Finally, retailing, because it will place the retailers of Trentino in a favourable position to enhance local manufacturing by establishing a new relationship with customers, testing the possibilities offered by a production chain where local manufacturers play the leading role.
The first edition of Trentino Design 3.0 is held under the auspices of the Italian National Association of Industrial Design (ADI), POLI.design, DesignHUB, the Italian National Coordination centre for Young Architects (GiArch), and the Department of Industrial Engineering of the University of Trento.