The 2018 Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) awards are now open for entry to to amateur, semi-professional and professional photographers of all ages and from all countries.
The competition is now in its 16th year and has a brand-new eight-image portfolio category.
This year’s overall winner will be awarded £4,000, plus several other non-monetary prizes. Winners will be announced in all other competition categories and different prizes will be awarded.
The TPOTY 2018 awards have:
- Two Portfolio categories (4 images per portfolio)
- A special Travel Portfolio category (8 images per portfolio)
- Three One Shot categories
- Smart Shot category
- New Talent category
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year award (with two different age groups)
- Award for the overall winner – the Travel Photographer of the Year 2018
Any photographer, amateur and professional, aged 19 years and over, from any country, can enter the three Portfolio categories and anyone can enter the three Single Image ‘One Shot’ categories and the Smart Shot category.
During last year’s competition more than 20,000 images were submitted by photographers in 129 countries. Entrants from 24 countries received awards.
Travel Photographer of the Year (TPOTY) 2018 Awards – Entry Fees
Entry fees start at £8 and entry for Young TPOTY is free of charge.