Travel Photographer of the Year is run by photographers for photographers, judged by renowned photography experts and provides great prizes including travel adventures, photographic equipment, photography tuition and international exposure for your photography.
But it’s not all about prizes. Travel Photographer of the Year has helped many photographers – not just the winners – to raise their profile, sell their work, get commissions or launch photographic careers.
The 2010 international Travel Photographer of the Year awards are now open for entries.
Travel Photographer of the Year 2010 offers the following categories and themes for your photos:
- Three portfolio categories – Encounters, Amazing Places and World In Motion
- A One Shot category – Adventures
- First Shot (for less experienced amateur photographers) – Festival of Colour
- New Talent (for those looking to start a career in photography) – Sell It!
- Young Travel Photographer of the Year (two age groups) – Big World Small World
The winner of the Travel Photographer of the Year 2010 competition gets:
- £1000 Travel Photographer of the Year bursary
- Intrepid Travel trip to Laos, Vietnam & Thailand
- Adobe CS5 Design Premium
- Lexar 32GB compact flash card & reader
- Plastic Sandwich customised portfolio
There are also prizes for the top four entrants in each category, including other Intrepid Travel trips, Adobe software, photographic tuition from Photo Iconic and more Travel Photographer of the Year cash bursaries.
- Wherever you live in the world, whether you’re an amateur or professional photographer, and whatever age you are, you can enter.
- Entrants may enter any categories that they are eligible for, and may enter as many times as they wish, except for New Talent which can only be entered once. An additional entry fee is payable for each additional category and entry submitted. Please clearly indicate on your entry form how many times you have entered each category.
- Images that have won a single image prize in another national or international photographic competition are not eligible for the One Shot or First Shot categories. However, these images are still eligible as part of a portfolio. Portfolios that have won a prize in any other national or international photographic competition are not eligible.
- Some images are timeless so entry is not restricted to images shot only within the past few years.
- You may use digital manipulation to optimise an image, and you may crop an image but you are not permitted to add or remove key elements of the composition. Brightness, contrast, colour balance can all be adjusted. Dust spots and minor elements etc. can be retouched. Images can be sharpened before printing. Composite or montaged images, from more than one original image are not eligible – this includes images shot at different exposures/dynamic ranges and combined, and images stitched to form a panoramic image. However, multiple exposure ‘in camera’ is permitted.
- Entrants submitting prize-winning digital entries will be required to produce the original image file before a prize is awarded.
How to enter?
Travel Photographer of the Year 2010 accepts entries by print or online. Online entry will open on 1st July 2010.
Print entries together with the entry form should be sent to:Travel Photographer of the Year
20 Yew Tree Courtyard
You can download the PDF entry from 28th May 2010.
Entries postmarked or sent by courier on or before 9 October 2010 will be accepted.
For complete information regarding entry fees, please visit the Entry Fees page on the official website.