Just Vandy is celebrating 100 artisans + 100 years of letterpress printing on the Vandercook proof press with the release of The Vandercook 100.
The Vandercook 100 is a self publishing venture by the letterpress studio, Just Vandy and an opportunity to feature the diversity of printing environments, the printing process, and most importantly the Vandercook proof press.
By submitting entries to this call, you get a chance to be featured in this unique book and gain important exposure to the printing industry.
Submit images of your printing environment and describe your printing business.
Your entry will be reviewed by a jury of leading design/printing professionals, looking for diversity in printing environments, biographies and work. We intend to feature the little guy as well as the master printer.
While the book may include samples of your work, its emphasis will be on images of your printing environment and Vandercook press (whether it be in your mother’s basement or a world renowned institution).
The selected entries will be distributed world-wide in The Vandercook 100: Celebrating 100 artisans + 100 years of letterpress printing on the Vandercook proof press, assuring important exposure to the printing industry.
As a thank you for your participation and making this book a reality, Just Vandy will also ship you four (4) copies of the printed book.
- This call is open internationally.
- The copy you provide in the submission form will be considered final copy. You will not be able to make copy changes. Keep that in mind when submitting your description.
- You retain all rights to your images. If selected, you will need to grant Just Vandy the right to reproduce the images for both online and print-based production.
- Once you are selected, Just Vandy will email you with a request for high resolution images and photo credits (if applicable).
- You will be emailed a PDF of your spread for your final approval, prior to printing. Although you will not be able to change any of the design elements or layout, it will be your responsibility to proofread and advise Just Vandy of type corrections.
How to enter?
Submit your entry through the online entry form on the official website.
The submission process is free. Once selected, a $125 fee will be due to guarantee your spread in the book. As this is a self-publishing venture, this fee will help subsidize the cost of the book’s design and offset printing.