The Italian Cultural Association MoCA (Modern Contemporary Art), in collaboration with Arte Laguna, organizes the Sixth International Art Prize “Arte Laguna” aimed at promoting and enhancingthe contemporary art.
The Prize is open to all artists, without any limit of age, sex, nationality or other qualifications. Each artist can participate with one or more artworks.
The total value of the awards is 150.000 euros. Arte Laguna offers: money prizes; the organization of an important collective exhibition in Venice; exhibitions in Art Galleries; Art Residences and the publication of the official Catalogue.
Participants can choose the theme of their artworks and enter into six sections:
- photographic art,
- performance and
- virtual art (added recently)
Here are a few more technical details for these sections:
- Painting – works realized with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolor, graphite, pencil, collage, etc.) on whatever support (canvas, paper, wood, plastics, iron, etc.). The maximum dimensions allowed per each work are 150 cm per side.
- Sculpture and installation – any organic or inorganic material. In the works sounds, lights, videos, mechanical or electrical movements can be used. The maximum dimensions allowed per each works are: base 4 meters, depth 4 meters, height 4 meters, weight 150 kg.
The artist, if selected as finalist for the collective exhibition, has to provide to the Organization all the necessary material in order to exhibit the artwork and supervise personally the setting up.
- Photographic Art – color and b/w analog photos, color and b/w digital photos, color and b/w digital elaborations, works entirely created by computer. The maximum dimensions allowed per each works are 150 cm per side
- Video Art and animation – film, video and works with all the animation techniques on any digital and analog support. The works has to last as maximum 15 minutes, opening title and closing credits included. For the exhibition the artist has to send original works saved on DVD in high quality and in formats compatible with mastly used reading systems.
- Performance – any technique, expressive form and with any support materials (video, music, etc.. to be provided and arranged by the artist in the case of being selected as finalist) can be used. Each performance can last a maximum of 10 minutes and can involve no more than five artists.
- Virtual Art – artworks entirely created by computer, 3D graphics, virtual installations, works created by smartphone or tablet applications, videos entirely created by computer, virtual videos, net art. The finalist artworks will be on display at the collective exhibition on tablet or smartphone.
The total value of the awards was 150.000 euros, and recently has been upgraded to 170.000 euros! There are monetary, exhibition and artists in residence prizes. The Jury will select the 110 finalist artworks that will take part to the Collective Exhibition in Venice.
Recently a new art residency program for three artists has been announced. Please visit the official website to find out more about the Loft Miramarmi residency program.
- The Arte Laguna prize is open to all artists, without any limit of age, sex, nationality or other qualifications.
- Each artist can participate with one or more artworks, in one or more sections.
How to enter?
Apply on-line or by mail until 11 November 2011 (date of postmark).
50 euros for 1 work and 90 euros for 2 works in the same section.