The Print Center’s Annual International Competition is one of the most prestigious and oldest juried exhibitions in the United States. Alternating yearly between printmaking and photography, it provides a unique opportunity for local, national and international artists to compete in a forum which emphasizes individual talent and expressiveness rather than a specific exhibition topic.
The Print Center’s mission is to support printmaking and photography as vital contemporary arts and to encourage the appreciation of the printed image in all its forms.
All forms of art are acceptable as long as print is a critical component of the work.
Up to $3,000 in purchase, cash and material prizes, a solo exhibition at The Print Center, a two-year contract from The Print Center Gallery Store and a purchase award for the Philadelphia Museum of Art.
- The Print Center’s 85th Annual International Competition: Printmaking is open to all artists.
- Work submitted must have been completed in the last two years.
- Up to four images may be submitted and only one entry per person.
- Submitted works cannot have been exhibited within 50 miles of Philadelphia or in any prior exhibition at The Print Center.
- Work selected for the exhibition must be shipped in a reusable container and labeled with the artist’s name, title, medium, image and frame size, retail price (if for sale) and insurance value.
How to enter?
Entries are accepted online only. For guidelines and the application, visit The Print Center’s page on SlideRoom.
- The Print Center Members: $5 processing fee
- Non-members: $45 ($60 outside US)
If you are not already a member, your entry fee to the competition entitles you to a one-year membership to The Print Center.