The Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival (a.k.a. POWFest) is now accepting entries for its fifth annual festival scheduled to take place 8-11 March, 2012. The Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival (POWFest) places a spotlight on women filmmakers by showcasing their work and strengthening the community of women in film.
POWFest empowers women to find their voice and to share their stories through innovative and quality filmmaking.
The Festival features the work of today’s top women directors, honoring the true pioneers while providing support and recognition for the next generation of leading women filmmakers.
Submit films, directed or co-directed by a woman, in the following categories:
- Short Narrative: Narrative Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Short Documentary: Documentary Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Narrative Feature: Narrative Films of any genre over 40 minutes
- Documentary Feature: Documentary Films over 40 minutes
- Experimental Short: Short Films of Experimental Nature under 40 minutes
- Animation Short: Animated Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Young Filmmaker: Shorts and Features of any genre
Selected films will be shown during the 2012 Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival, 8-11 March 2012.
- Submissions must be directed or co-directed by a woman.
- POWFest accepts pieces completed at any time. No works in progress.
- A separate entry form and fee is required with each submission.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
- Preview formats: DVD coded for region 1 or 0
How to enter?
Postal address:Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival
1526 NE Alberta St. #110
Portland, Oregon 97211 USA
- Filmmakers under the Young Filmmakers Program (18 or younger) may submit for free.
- Early Bird Deadline: Postmarked by Friday, 24 June 2011 ~ $20
- Regular Deadline: Postmarked by Friday, 12 August 2011 ~ $30
- Late Deadline: Postmarked by Friday, 9 September 2011 ~ $35
- WAB Extended Deadline: Postmarked by Friday, 7 October 2011 ~ $45