The Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival (a.k.a. POWFest) is now accepting entries for its sixth annual festival scheduled to take place 7-10 March, 2013. POWFest showcases the art and cinematic contribution of women directors from around the world and seeks to present films that have been directed or co-directed by women; of any length, style, or genre.
POWFest empowers women to find their voice and to share their stories through innovative and quality filmmaking.
Empowering Innovative and Quality Women Filmmaking Worldwide
Films submitted to the 2013 Portland Oregon Women’s Film Festival must be directed or co-directed by a woman.
Filmmakers may submit as a General Filmmaker or Young Filmmaker in the following categories:
- Short Narrative: Narrative Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Short Documentary: Documentary Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Narrative Feature: Narrative Films of any genre over 40 minutes
- Documentary Feature: Documentary Films over 40 minutes
- Experimental Short: Short Films of Experimental Nature under 40 minutes
- Animation Short: Animated Films of any genre under 40 minutes in length
- Young Filmmaker: Shorts and Features of any genre
More information and specific guidelines can be found on the Festival’s website.
- Early Bird Deadline: Postmarked by 20 June 2012 ~ $20
- Regular Deadline: Postmarked by Friday 17 August 2012 ~ $30
- Late Deadline: Postmarked by Friday 14 September 2012 ~ $35
- WAB Extended Deadline: Postmarked by Friday 5 October 2012 ~ $45