The Open West is an annual open competition and exhibition inviting submissions from national and international artists practising contemporary and conceptual art, inclusive of painting, installation, film, photography, print and sculpture.
All artists selected for exhibition will be invited to the Private View on Friday, 11 February 2011 when the awards will be announced.
There are no geographical restrictions, but artists must be over 21.
The Open West will consider work in any medium, including installation, film, painting, photography, print and sculpture.
Work should be recent, original and existing (proposals will only be accepted if fully developed and artists must be prepared to fund any new work themselves).
All works selected (up to 40 artists) will be included in the exhibition. The 2011 exhibition will be held in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire from 9 February to 5 March.
All artists selected for exhibition will be invited to the Private View.
The 2011 exhibition will be selected by Richard Billingham, Matthew Raw, Lyn Cluer Coleman and Sarah Goodwin.
- There are no geographical restrictions, but you must be over 21.
- Size limitations are according to available gallery space.
- Selection will be from a submission of a maximum of four works.
- All artists selected for exhibition will be invited to the Private View on Friday 11 February 2011 when the awards will be announced.
- If selected for the exhibition, you agree to the reproduction of your work (at no fee) in association with the exhibition (including publicity, press, website and catalogue).
How to enter?
Send completed application form by 26 October 2010 to:the open west
PO Box 344
Glos GL5 3WA
£32 per application (1 – 4 images)
Fee payable by cheque, postal order or PayPal.