The Nikon Foundation offers final year photography students an opportunity to win the ultimate career enhancing boost – three month’s paid employment as a photographer’s assistant to renowned fashion and celebrity photographer John Wright!
Living in London to do the job, the winner will also receive £3,000 cash to help with living expenses. And if this money can’t buy prize is not enough the winner will also get a top of the range Nikon professional camera and lens kit too worth £4,000.
Nikon has always been keen to support emerging photographic talent.
To enter this exciting competition to win this once in a lifetime opportunity you are required to submit a portfolio of 5-12 of your best digital images. There is no particular theme for this competition, however, remember you are submitting a portfolio so editing will be taken into consideration. All genres of photography will be considered.
Like with any job application you will be required to submit a covering letter of no more than 500 words explaining why you think you are the right candidate for the job. The covering letter is your opportunity to sell yourself and show John how you stand out from the crowd.
Include any examples of work experience you may have had within the industry outside of your course.
To help you get started, try to include some details on the areas listed below:
- What strengths would you bring to John’s team
- Why would you work well with John
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years
- What would you say is your photographic style?
Entries will be judged on:
- Technical Proficiency
- Visual Impact
- Content of covering letter
- 3 months paid employment with top fashion photographer John Wright as an Assistant, with an annual salary of £15k, pro rata.
- £3,000 cash to help with general living expenses
- Nikon professional camera and lens worth £4,000
- Any final year student studying a higher education photography based course at university or college in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland is eligible to enter the Nikon Foundation Competition.
- If you are not a British national or from the European Union, a valid work permit for the United Kingdom is required.
- You must be over 18 to enter.
How to enter?
To enter the Nikon Foundation Competition, simply visit the competition’s official website and click on the “enter now” tab at the top of the page.