The Nature Conservancy invites you to enter your stunning nature photos to their 5th annual digital photography competition.
They’re looking for beautiful nature photography representing the diversity of life on Earth. Your own original digital images of our lands, waters, plants, animals and people in nature are all eligible for the competition.
The winner’s image will be printed on the cover of the 2012 Nature Conservancy calendar – reaching nearly 2 million households worldwide, and will be featured on The Nature Conservancy’s website, which is visited by more than 3 million people annually.
Submit your own original digital images of lands, waters, plants, animals and people in nature.
The Nature Conservancy is looking for striking digital images of nature, highlighting the diversity of life on Earth. Your images may be taken anywhere in the world. Your images may show animal behavior, portraits of wildlife in natural habitat, plant life, natural landscapes, weather or people interacting with nature.
The Nature Conservancy is especially interested in images that showcase the wide range of habitats across our planet, including all types of forests, grasslands, lakes and rivers, deserts and arid lands, rainforests, marine habitats and coral reefs.
Please do not include photographs of pets or domestic animals. Images of captive animals photographed in zoos and commercial game farms are also prohibited, however, photos from state and national wildlife preserves are allowed.
The judging panel will select at least 50 photos to be the competition’s Finalists and Honorable Mentions. The general public will select the Grand Prize Winner during the “Voter’s Choice Awards,” from a pool of Finalists determined by the judging panel.
The Grand Prize Winner’s image will be printed in the 2012 Nature Conservancy calendar.
- The Nature Conservancy Fifth Annual Digital Photography Competition is open to all photographers at least 18 years of age, except employees of The Nature Conservancy and the immediate families of such employees. The competition is open to all participants regardless of residence or citizenship, so long as the laws of their jurisdiction allow participation.
- Digital images of lands, waters, plants, animals and people in nature are all eligible for the competition.
- Your images may be taken anywhere in the world.
- To ensure eligibility for the competition, entries must have a resolution of 6 million pixels or greater (6 megapixels).
- You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit – including ownership if applicable.
How to enter?
Each photo must be submitted electronically, by one (and only one) of the following two methods:
- Via Flickr – If you have multiple photos to enter in the competition, please consider using this method to enter the competition.
- Via Manual Submission Process – If you choose not to use Flickr™ to submit your image, you may complete our online submission form and email your photo to the email address specified after you complete the online submission form.