The London International Documentary Festival is calling for entries for the 2011 Festival. Documentary films produced after 1 January 2009 are eligible to enter.
Selected films will have a public presentation at the London International Documentary Festival (LIDF) – and will also be eligible for subsequent or additional screenings carried out by the London International Documentary Festival outside of the festival itself.
London International Documentary Festival 2011 will take place over 10 days from 5 – 15 May 2011 at venues across London.
Submit documentary films produced after 1 January 2009. There are no minimum or maximum time restrictions for submissions.
London International Documentary Festival is the UK’s largest independent documentary festival providing a platform for radical and groundbreaking output from around the globe.
Films are selected for public presentation at the London International Documentary Festival (LIDF) – and will also be eligible for subsequent or additional screenings carried out by the LIDF outside of the festival itself.
If a film is selected for screening, the Festival office will contact the entrant by e-mail. All successful entries will be notified by 14 February 2011 at the latest, baring unforeseen circumstances.
All films selected will be made available for viewing. All timings, date and venue details will be made by the Festival.
- Films produced prior to 1 January 2009 are not eligible for the 2011 London International Documentary Festival.
- There are no restrictions on the number of films you submit. However, you must remember to make a separate on-line entry form for each film.
- Entries must be postmarked on or before the relevant submission deadline. Late entries will be accepted until 30 December 2010, provided that the entry is accompanied by the additional late entry fee.
- Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images and content in the entry.
- Entrant will allow usage of clips from the entry for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at ‘live’ Festival events other than theatrical screening.
- All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles, or with supplementary printed translations, will be automatically disqualified.
- Use of the on-line entry form assumes acceptance of the London International Documentary Festival entry regulations. There is no need to print or sign off the entry form.
- Late entry deadline is due to 30 December 2010, incurring a late penalty fee.
How to enter?
Entry details can be submitted on-line on the festival’s official website. A new entry form must be completed for each film submitted.
In case of difficulty using the on-line entry form, or payment facilities, please contact the Festival Office by e-mail at: info [at] lidf.co.uk (please replace [at] with @).
The London International Documentary Festival accepts preview copies of the films in DVD format (which won’t be returned), and they must be sent to:LIDF
34b York Way
- Short films (under 30mins): £14
- Standard Rate: £24
- For every additional film submitted: £5
Entries postmarked after 1 December 2010 must pay the additional late entry penalty of £10 on top of the standard entrance fee.