The UK’s longest-running and prestigious artists’ co-operative, The London Group, is delighted to announce the call for entries for its 84th open exhibition.
The London Group Open 2019 offers a wonderful opportunity for emerging and established artists to raise their profile and win cash prizes.
Artists selected will be able to exhibit their work alongside the Group’s esteemed members. No commission will be charged on any works sold during the 2019 exhibition in line with the Group’s commitment to give artists ‘a boost in a tough career, thereby nurturing and supporting the development of the art of the future’. (Susan Haire, President).
In recognition of today’s increasingly diversified art scene, The London Group Open welcomes innovative, challenging works in any medium: this includes painting, sculpture, drawing, print, photography, digital, audio, mixed media, installation, video and performance. Successful entrants to this year’s Open will see their work in one of two exhibitions staged during November and December 2019 at The Cello Factory.
Prizes – which collectively total over £9,000 – will be awarded to non-members and include:
- The President’s Prize of a three-person exhibition at The Cello Factory
- The Ingram Collection Purchase Prize — worth £2,000
- The Victor Kuell Memorial Prize for innovation — worth £1,000
- The Sculpture Prize awarded by Jeff Lowe — worth £1,000
- The JPES Partnership Prize — worth £1000
- The Felix and Spear Exhibition Prize
- The Chelsea Arts Club Trust Stan Smith Award for research and materials for an artist under 35 — worth £750
- The Schauerman Digital Art Prize — worth £500, and
- The Artlyst Prize — worth £500.
All non-members will be eligible for prizes.
Applications must be made online via thelondongroup.artopps.co.uk and must be completed by 5pm on Friday 30 August 2019. Rules & Guidelines along with a detailed selection of FAQs can be found on the application portal.
The London Group Open 2019 – Entry Fees
A non-refundable fee must be paid with the submissions – this fee is payable irrespective of the work being selected – £20 for one submission, £35 for two submissions, £45 for three submissions.