2nd edition of an International Design Competition has just started. The competition is organised by FAKRO Company and Stadslab European Urban Laboratory, Fontys University (Fontys Academy of Architecture and Urbanism) from Tillburg. 2nd edition of an International Design Competition is entitled The Loft of the Future.
Fakro and Stadslab you to take part in a new challenge and create the loft of the future. The future means no boundaries. Freedom in using the light, creativity in space planning and green solutions should guide you through the challenge.
Fakro and Stadslab are waiting for unconventional, innovative and fully creative & artistic renderings, where your ideas are to be merged with our products.
Design the loft of the future following the guidelines below:
- minimum 5 proSky roof window type
- use of light, space, green solutions
- no architectural limits
Criteria of Evaluation
- The way of using FAKRO roof windows
- The way of using aspects of: light, space, green solutions
One award of €5,000 will be made and consists of a scholarship, worth €4,000, for participation in the Stadslab’s Masterclasses Georgia (Autumn 2010) and a cheque for €1000.
- This is an international design competition.
- Each person with a workable knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written, holding Masters Degree in Architecture, Urban Design, City Planning, Landscape Architecture or European equivalent, can be the participant of the Competition.
- The official language of the competition is English.
- Each person who fulfils the conditions stipulated in the regulations and sends correctly completed documentation by the mentioned deadlines will be informed about this fact by the Organizing Committee by e-mail within 3 working days from the date of sending the application form.
- Materials sent for the competition will not be sent back.
How to enter?
- Fill in the application form (all spaces in the form are mandatory and must be filled)
- Send the participant’s resume (CV)
- Prepare the visualisation of the architectural concept using proSky roof window type and other FAKRO roof windows (possible formats are pdf, jpg or tif (300dpi, format min. A4), maximum size – up to 100 megabytes
Visualisation should be sent through the file hosting server. After you sent the visualisation on the server the link which will be generated should be copied and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application form, the resume of a participant (CV) and visualization should be sent to email@example.com.