This year Azure Magazine launches the AZ Awards: an international awards program honouring architects and designers for outstanding work completed before 31 December 2010.
Azure plans to make this an annual initiative with each year an international jury of esteemed industry professionals choosing the best innovations and brightest talents from 13 categories.
The AZ Awards will select the best innovations in the official categories and winners will be featured in the AZ Awards Annual on newsstands in June 2011. A special A+ Award of $2,500 will be given to the best student design.
Submit works in the following 13 categories:
- Furniture systems
- Interior products
- Residential buildings
- Commercial and institutional buildings
- Temporary and demonstration spaces
- Residential interiors
- Commercial and institutional interiors
- Unbuilt competition entries
- Other unrealized concepts
- A+ Award
- Student work
- Designers and design firms from all disciplines
- Architects, landscape architects and architectural firms
- Post-secondary students enrolled in design and architecture programs in 2010
- Clients and manufacturers
- Projects must be completed by 31 December 2010
- Products must be prototyped or in production
- Concepts must have been developed or presented for the first time in 2010
- Is the design contemporary, visually and intellectually stimulating, forward looking, socially relevant and technically innovative?
- Does the design have a beneficial social and ecological impact? i.e., is the design sustainable, socially responsible, environmentally friendly, possess a long life span, contain recycled materials/can be recycled
- Does the design have the ability to uplift spirits, generate curiosity or simply delight?
The AZ Awards will select the best innovations in the official categories and winners will be featured in the AZ Awards Annual on newsstands in June 2011.
The A+ Award will also award $2,500 for the best design product, architectural structure, interior space or unbuilt/unrealized concept developed by a student enrolled in a post-secondary design or architecture program in 2010.
- All images must be in .pdf or .jpg format, 300 dpi, approximately 8.5 x 11 print size and copyright-free.
- Project descriptions and images must not contain the name or logo of the designer, architect, firm, company, client or manufacturer.
- Winners grant Azure publication rights for their winning submission and images must be copyright-free.
- No refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
- Submissions become the property of Azure.
- Submissions received after 1 March 2011, pending acceptance, will be subject to a $50 late penalty per entry.
How to enter?
Register on the official website, log in and submit your entries.
- $125 for the first submission
- $100 for subsequent submissions
- $25 for A+ student award submissions
- + $50 late fee per entry