To celebrate the launch of their new website, Development Gateway are calling on photographers around the world to share their images and stories of people in developing countries working to build a better world.
Show your image of development in action, and you could win a $500 prize from Development Gateway.
This competition is open to all photographers worldwide and each participant may submit up to 3 photographs total.
Celebrating Development Gateway’s New Website With a Contest
Development Gateway is looking for images of empowerment and people finding solutions. The photographs should be related to one of the following:
- Images related to the thematic areas of Development Gateway’s work: Governance; Knowledge and networking; and Transparency and accountability
- People using information and communications technologies
- People making something, selling wares, working in a field, constructing a building or type of infrastructure, teaching, learning, or interacting with each other
- Abstract images representing hope, the future, or capacity building
Please do not submit photographs of groups of people posing.
Images will be judged on technical excellence, composition, overall impact, and artistic merit.
One Prize – $500
Development Gateway will be awarding a prize of $500 to the best entry.
Development Gateway Photo Competition Regulations
- The Development Gateway photo competition is open to all photographers at least 13 years of age, except employees of Development Gateway and their immediate families.
- Each entry must include a brief written statement (100 words maximum) explaining how that image is representative of development.
- Entrants must not infringe on the rights of any other photographer or person.
- Each participant may submit up to 3 photographs total.
- Original files of camera-made digital photos must be five (5) megapixels or larger.
How to Enter the Contest?
Send submissions (or questions to): photocontest [at] developmentgateway.org (please replace [at] with @).
Your submission should include your full name, email address, a brief statement describing each photo (100 words maximum), and the photo(s).