The City of Bath is a wonderful subject to paint. The Bath Prize is a unique annual painting competition designed to stimulate new work, recognise and reward the best, and display it in the City that inspired it.
Prizes will be awarded to work that most truly captures the essence of Bath in 2010.
There will be an exhibition of finalists work open to the public in Bath. In addition, all entries submitted will be included in The Bath Prize online gallery.
Submit your paintings or drawings related to the City of Bath.
The following categories are available:
- The Plein-Air Prize
- Oil based work
- Water based work
- Reclaimed, Recycled & Environmentally aware
- Digitally based work (excluding photography)
- Local artist (based in BA, BS, GL & SN postcodes)
- Amateur artist
- Location based to include a 2010 lion
- Location based to include a Bath Heritage building
- Artists from schools in the BANES area
The £12,000 Prize fund includes the £5000 Bath Prize, the £2000 Plein-air prize as well as other category prizes.
- The competition is open to any artist submitting a painting or drawing related to the City of Bath and produced according to the rules of the competition.
- All artists entering the competition will be required to visit Bath and prepare a painting inspired by a specified viewpoint. Viewpoints selected by the organizers will be allocated by ballot. Entrants will be notified of their location by email.
- Artists with work selected for final judging will be asked to deliver it to Bath.
- Artists from schools in the BANES area are invited to enter their work free.
- Oil, watercolour, acrylic, pastel, graphite and digitally produced images.
- The competition is not open to prints and photography.
- Size of work – maximum 36″ x 48″ minimum 10″ x 12″, properly framed
- Entries to the competition strictly online only.
- Unlimited entries permitted.
How to enter?
Enter by filling in the entry form on the official website.
- First picture £15 (allocated location).
- Subsequent pictures at £10 per submission. (NB All entries will be included for preliminary judging).
- School entries – free of charge.