BendFilm celebrates the brave voice of independent cinema through films, lectures and education.
The call for the 8th Annual BendFilm Festival is now open! Entries will be accepted until August, 2011. Narrative and documentary features, short, student and animated films and conversations are all being accepted for the competition program of the festival.
The 8th Annual BendFilm Festival will be held from 6-9 October 2011. BendFilm brings the world to you – one film at a time.
BendFilm accepts films in the following categories:
- Narrative Feature
All narrative features are invited to submit. The programming revolves around a broad thematic range, reflecting the independent spirit. (Films with major distribution may not qualify for juried competition, but are eligible for audience awards.)
- Documentary Feature
All documentary features are invited to submit in this category. The programming revolves around a broad thematic range, reflecting the independent spirit. (Films with major distribution may not qualify for juried competition, but would still be eligible for audience awards.)
- Short Film
All non-student short films are invited to submit in this category – including short docs. and animated shorts.
Films that adeptly articulate a significant message of conservation are invited to submit in this category.
- Student Film
All student films are invited to submit in this category – including shorts, docs and animated films.
- Animated Film
All animated films are invited to submit in this category. Films in this category may be of any animation type, including but not limited to: hand animated or computer generated, clay animation, stop motion or other animated medium. Films may be of any length, and may be narrative feature, music video, documentary or conservation films.
BendFilm puts its focus on filmmakers first, with awards in the following categories:
- Best of Show,
- Best Directing,
- Best Feature,
- Best Documentary,
- Best Short,
- Best Student Film,
- Best of the Northwest,
- Best Conservation Award,
- Best Screenplay Narrative,
- Best Screenplay Short,
- Best Screenplay Student,
- Best Acting Narrative,
- Best Acting Short,
- Best Animated.
And to top it all off, the Katie Merritt Audience Award winner receives a percentage of the festival’s gross ticket sales.
The 8th Annual BendFilm Festival will be held from 6-9 October 2011.
- Entries may not have been publicly screened or broadcast in Central Oregon prior to the 2011 festival dates.
- Films previously submitted to BendFilm will not be considered unless they are substantially altered. Full application and fee requirements will apply.
- Filmmakers should be prepared to submit a final copy of their film to be available for screening on or before 1 August 2011.
- Instructional films, industrials and promotional videos are not appropriate for submission.
- Work accepted to screen at the festival will be categorized in competitive and non-competitive categories at the sole discretion of BendFilm. Films with major distribution may not qualify for juried competition, but would still be eligible for audience awards.
- Films submitted will be notified of their selection status on or about 5 August 2011. If accepted, an additional final cut DVD of the submitted work must be provided to BendFilm 15 September 2011 for archival purposes.
- By submitting their entry, the entrant guarantees that they have obtained all necessary rights and clearances, and that they have legal right to publicly screen and enter their entry into BendFilm.
How to enter?
Submit your application online through Withoutabox and send a screening copy of your film no later than 1 August 2011, on the address below.2748 NW Crossing Drive
Bend OR 97701
For any questions, please e-mail: info [at] bendfilm.org (please replace [at] with @).
Entry fees vary per category, so please visit the official Withoutabox page for details.