The 5th China International Poster Biennial (CIPB) will be held in October, 2011 at the West lake of Hangzhou, China. This exhibition of posters chosen from throughout the world is intended to provide a review of the current state of international poster design.
Since 2003, CIPB have been held successfully for four times. It was attended by designers and social groups from all over the world. CIPB worked as an international communication platform in the area of graphic design and design education. At the same time, it improved the progress of international graphic design.
Posters created after 25 June 2009 are eligible for submission. Professional designers and design groups all around the world may enter.
Submit poster designs created after after 25th June 2009 in print format. The following categories are open for entries:
- Cultural Posters
- Public campaign Posters
- Commercial Posters
- Gold Award (One piece)
- Silver Award (Two pieces)
- Bronze Award(Three pieces)
- Jury Award (Five pieces)
Each of the participants for the exhibition will receive a certificate from organizer.
- All posters must be printed works of offset, silk-screen or digital. Ink-jet or hand drawing works are not qualified.
- Size of works: no smaller than 36.4cm x 51.5cm (14.3 inches x 20.3 inches) and no larger than 120.0cm x 180.0cm (70.9 inches x 47.3 inches).
- There is no limit to the amount of entries. One series work will be accounted as one.
- Each work in duplicate, but mounting is not required.
- The works should be packed in a safe and practical manner to avoid any damage during transport. The organizers do not take responsibility for any damages of works in transport.
- The posters must be sent as printed matter of a non-commercial value statement.
- Entries will not be returned. Judges and their family partners and their business partners can not participate in the competition.
- All the participants should provide electronic documents. All the images should use the format of TIFF-CMYK with 350dpi in A4 size. The electronic document should be sent to the mailbox: cipb2011 [at] 163.com (please replace [at] with @). Please create a new folder for every project, and name it following the rule ‘Title – Designer – Country – Number’.
- All the posters selected by the jury for the competitive exhibition become the property of the organizer.
- Official languages of the Biennial: Mandarin/English
How to enter?
Entry forms must be enclosed in a sealed envelope along with the posters. The participants should be requested to fill in an entry form in block letters or type-written.
The personal details given on the form will serve later as valuable information in the CIPB 2011 catalogue. The entry form should be signed by the participant.
Postal address:The 5th China International Poster Biennial
BOX 38#, Xiangshan Campus of China Academy of Art
No.352 Xiangshan Zhuantang Town,