For the 25th time, since 1987, the Koizumi International Lighting Design Competition will be advancing the culture of light and fostering young talents. In an open call, the Koizumi Lighting Technology Corporation is once again calling for entries worldwide, expecting to discover the best lightning designs on Earth.
The Koizumi International Lighting Design Competition for Students has a huge prize fund with a few surprises in its 25th edition.
It is important to note that all entries must be original and must have never been submitted to any other competition.
Lighting Design at its Best
The Koizumi International Lighting Design Competition is a two stage lightning design competition.
The first stage is the preliminary competition where entries are selected on the basis of the photographs, drawings or sketches that have been submitted. The second stage is the final competition where judging is made with evaluation of the entries selected in the preliminary competition.
The theme of the 25th Koizumi International Lighting Design Competition is:
“In search of the Way of Light… The form of light – Light with depth that embraces diversifying technologies”
Koizumi Offers Great Prizes for the Best Designs
Entries that pass the preliminary competition will be listed on the official website and online voting will be possible. The following prizes will be awarded after the online voting is complete:
- Best Design Award (1) – Certificate and prize
- Excellent Design Award (2) – Certificate and prize
Winners of the final competition will be awarded with the following prizes:
- Gold Award (1) – Certificate of award ¥1,000,000 (more than US$11,950)
- Silver Award (2) – Certificate of award ¥300,000
- Bronze Award (5) – Certificate of award ¥100,000
- Honorable Mention (Limited Number) – Certificate of award and prize
- Web Best Design Award (1) – Certificate and prize new
- Web Excellent Design Award (2) – Certificate and prize new
An exhibition of the final competition entries will be held in the Tokyo area.
What’s Required to Submit?
- Any student from institute of learning as of 1 September 2011 is eligible to enter.
- All entries must be original and have never been submitted to any other competition.
- There is no limit to the number of entries.
- Each person may enter as many times as they wish.
- A work may be submitted by a group of students.
- All expenses related to the entry will be born by the designer.
- If it is determined that the entry is not original or is a copy in any way, the prize will be forfeited.
- Entries will not be returned.
How to Enter the 25th Koizumi Competition?
Send entries to the respective contact point in your area.