The 2014 Photocrati Fund Competition recently opened for applications from emerging and professional photographers around the world.
The Photocrati Fund offers a $5000 grant to a photographer to undertake an important humanitarian or environmental photography project, with the goal being to identify outstanding photographers and to provide support towards projects that will have a tangible and positive effect on the world.
All photographers around the world that are older than 21 are eligible to apply no later than 18 April 2014 at 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time (USA).
The winner of the 2014 Grant will be determined according to the following criteria:
- Photographic skill, background and promise of the applicant (in terms of photographic vision and technique) based on the applicant’s images in his/her web portfolio.
- The degree to which the applicant’s non-photographic background and training has prepared him/her to undertake the project.
- The environmental or humanitarian significance of the project and its potential positive contributions.
- The feasibility and viability of the completion of the proposed project within the projected time frame and with the grant funding.
- The quality of the overall application packet.
The grant winner will be announced in late June 2014. The grantee will then become a Photocrati Fellow for the calendar year from the announcement of his/her award until the announcement of the following year’s award.