The Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD) has put its annual Global Design Awards for 2013 on schedule. The 2013 SEGD Global Design Awards will open for registration on 1 October 2012.
The SEGD Global Design Awards were established in 1987 to recognize excellence in environmental graphic design. They are the only international design awards focused on communication in the built environment. Winning projects have included complex wayfinding systems, branding and identity work, retail and interior projects, exhibition and experience design, architectural signage programs, and public art installations.
The SEGD Global Design Awards Recognize Excellence in Environmental Graphic Design
In the 2013 SEGD Global Design Awards, SEGD invites you to submit your best work in:
- Dynamic Environments: media facades, interactive architecture, media-based exhibitions, digital billboards, electronic public art
- Office/Workplace Environments: office buildings, business parks, mixed-use centers, industrial and manufacturing buildings, convention and conference centers
- Leisure/Entertainment Environments: walking and hiking trails, recreation centers, theme parks, arenas, stadiums, theaters, concert halls, cinemas, hotels, resorts, restaurants, spas, fitness centers, parks, gardens, cruise ships, marinas, golf courses
- Educational/Institutional Environments: healthcare facilities, libraries, schools, campuses, government facilities
- Transportation Environments: airports, ports, bus, rail, roadways, parking facilities
- Retail/Commercial Environments: service businesses, malls, storefronts, interiors, food courts, showrooms, outdoor advertising
- Residential Environments: apartments, condominiums, developments, retirement centers, dormitories
- Urban Projects: cities, mixed-use complexes, downtowns, neighborhoods, wayfinding systems, streetscapes
- Exhibitions: museums, zoos, interpretive exhibits
- Trade Shows/Temporary Events: expositions, pavilions, athletic events, festivals
- Master Plans/Planning/Research: conceptual ideas, research, recommendation studies, sign/identity/branding standards, programs
- Miscellaneous: signage, architectural graphics, placemaking, identity programs, public art, donor recognition programs, maps, symbol/pictogram systems, sign codes, gateways, landmarks
More details should be published soon on the official website.
Entry fees start from $50 for student entries ($35 for SEGD members).