The 2012 SEGD Global Design Awards are now open for entries from environmental designers, architects, students and clients. Exceptional environmental graphic design is recognized in the annual SEGD Global Design Awards Program, illustrating the pandisciplinary nature of visual communications in the built environment.
Winning projects have included complex wayfinding systems, branding and identity work, retail and interior projects, exhibition design, and public art installations.
Winners will be announced at the 2012 SEGD Conference, 8-9 June 2012 in Manhattan and Brooklyn and winning projects will be featured in the award-winning segdDESIGN magazine!
Submit Your Best Environmental Graphic Design Works
The Society for Environmental Graphic Design (SEGD) invites you to submit your best work in:
- Dynamic Environments: media facades, interactive architecture, media-based exhibitions, digital billboards, electronic public art
- Office/Workplace Environments: office buildings, business parks, mixed-use centers, industrial and manufacturing buildings, convention and conference centers
- Leisure/Entertainment Environments: walking and hiking trails, recreation centers, theme parks, arenas, stadiums, theaters, concert halls, cinemas, hotels, resorts, restaurants, spas, fitness centers, parks, gardens, cruise ships, marinas, golf courses
- Educational/Institutional Environments: healthcare facilities, libraries, schools, campuses, government facilities
- Transportation Environments: airports, ports, bus, rail, roadways, parking facilities
- Retail/Commercial Environments: service businesses, malls, storefronts, interiors, food courts, showrooms, outdoor advertising
- Residential Environments: apartments, condominiums, developments, retirement centers, dormitories
- Urban Projects: cities, mixed-use complexes, downtowns, neighborhoods, wayfinding systems, streetscapes
- Exhibitions: museums, zoos, interpretive exhibits
- Trade Shows/Temporary Events: expositions, pavilions, athletic events, festivals
- Master Plans/Planning/Research: conceptual ideas, research, recommendation studies, sign/identity/branding standards, programs
- Miscellaneous: signage, architectural graphics, placemaking, identity programs, public art, donor recognition programs, maps, symbol/pictogram systems, sign codes, gateways, landmarks
The SEGD Global Design Awards Program is open to:
- Environmental graphic designers
- Graphic designers
- Exhibit designers
- Landscape designers
- Interior designers
- Industrial designers
- Graphic artists
- Public artists
Get Featured in the Award-Winning SegdDESIGN Magazine!
Winners will be announced at at the 2012 SEGD Conference, 8-9 June 2012 in Manhattan and Brooklyn.
Winning projects will be featured in the award-winning segdDESIGN magazine and on www.segd.org.
The SEGD Design Awards are Open Globally
- Projects entered must demonstrate the use of graphic design elements (including but not limited to typography, symbols, pictograms, diagrams, color-coding, etc.) in the design solution and must focus on the communication of information, identity, or image in the built environment.
- Projects entered must have been completed between 1 January 2009 and 31 December 2011.
- This program is open to both members and non-members of SEGD, but members pay reduced entry fees.
- Projects entered in previous years may be entered again if they did not win an award.
- There is no limit on the number of projects that can be entered by an individual or firm.
- Student work is defined as work done in 2010 or 2011 by full-time students enrolled in a recognized design program.
- Jurors and their firms are not eligible to enter.
Entries are Accepted Online
Entries are accepted online via omniCONTESTS. Of course, a registration is required to submit.
Entry Fees Start from $50 for Student Entries
- 1-3 projects:
- SEGD Members: $120/project
- SEGD Non-members: $240/project
- 4+ projects:
- SEGD Members: $100/project
- SEGD Non-members: $200/project
- Student work:
- SEGD Members: $35/project
- SEGD Non-members: $50/project
- Late Entry Fee: $50/project