The 2012 Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) is now calling for entries for its 38th edition.
SIFF is the largest and most highly attended film festival in the United States, with 250 feature/documentary films and 125 short films presented to an audience of over 155,000 annually. One of the top festivals in North America, SIFF has been cited as one of the best “audience festivals” in the world.
This year, in addition to our Golden Space Needle Audience Awards, SIFF is proud to offer $8,000 in cash prizes!
The 38th Seattle International Film Festival will take place 17 May to 10 June, 2012 in the greater Seattle, Washington area.
SIFF is Calling for Features, Documentaries, Short Films and Animation
SIFF is seeking features, documentaries, short films, and animation for the 38th annual festival. Films completed after January 2011 with a duration of less / more than 30 minutes are eligible to enter.
Make sure you consider the following deadlines for entries. The earlier you submit the less it costs.
- Earlybird Submission Deadline is 4 November 2011
- Regular Submission Deadline is 2 December 2011
- Final Submission Deadline is 6 January 2012
SIFF 2012 Offers $8,000 in Cash Prizes
This year, in addition to the Golden Space Needle Audience Awards, SIFF is proud to offer $8,000 in cash prizes in the following juried categories:
- $2,500 – New Directors Competition (International 1st and 2nd time directors)
- $2,500 – Documentary Competition
- $1,000 – Short Film: Live Action
- $1,000 – Short Film: Animation
- $1,000 – Short Film: Documentary
These internationally juried awards are given for excellence in filmmaking, form and content. Additional prizes of goods and services will also be awarded, including a Macintosh Computer System, courtesy of The Mac Store and $1,000 of film stock from the Eastman Kodak Company to the winner of the Golden Space Needle Audience Award for Best Short Film.
Important to Know
- Films must have been completed no earlier than January 2011.
- Foreign language films must be made available with the original language soundtrack and English subtitles.
- Films selected for screening will be notified no later than 29 April 2012.
- Selected films must be made available for Festival presentation in 35mm or digital video (HDCam, Beta SP, or DigiBeta.) HDCam is the preffered digital format.
- All film submissions must be shipped prepaid and packed in proper containers to arrive at the SIFF offices by the posted deadlines.
- You may resubmit a previously submitted film, with the proper entry fee, only if the film has been significantly altered, re-edited or re-made since the initial submission.
How to Submit to SIFF 2012?
Each submitted film must have its own DVD, completed submission form, entry fee, and supplemental materials. Do not put multiple projects on the same DVD.
A lot more regulations and guidelines are included in the SIFF 2012 Entry Form, so make sure you read it carefully before submitting.
If you have questions, please email entries [at] siff.net (please replace [at] with @).
Entry fees vary depending on the duration of the film and the submission deadline.
- 30 minutes or less
- by 4 November 2011: $35
- by 2 December 2011: $50
- by 6 January 2012: $70
- 31 minutes or more
- by 4 November 2011: $50
- by 2 December 2011: $75
- by 6 January 2012: $100