Rio Grande is once again inviting all emerging artists to submit original jewelery designs and compete for huge prizes. This is another chance to take part in the annual Saul Bell Design Award Emerging Artist Competition!
Now entering its fifth year, the Emerging Artist competition invites you to seize the challenge, to push your best ideas into the center of the spotlight. There are no limitations on medium, as long as the finished piece is wearable jewelry, designed and fabricated by you!
Winners will be announced to the public during JCK Las Vegas, 2012 and celebrated during an invitation-only gala.
Calling for Fresh, Original, Wearable Jewelry
Submit original and new jewelery designs to that haven’t been featured or won any previous competition. There are no limitations on the medium.
The preliminary round of judging requires a rendering or photograph of your design (must be at least 4″ x 6″) mounted on an 8½” x 11″ white matte board; no slides will be accepted. A single image is preferred, although composites are appropriate if multiple views are relevant to your specific design.
Pieces are judged on the following criteria:
- The innovation and uniqueness of the design.
- The quality of workmanship of the finished piece (for final judging).
Prizes for the Designers and the Mentors
To recognize those who provide mentorship and support to young designers, Rio also awards a matching prize to an instructor or school of the winner’s choice.
- First Place: $500 Rio Grande Gift Certificate (plus a matching award to the instructor or school)
- Second Place: $250 Rio Grande Gift Certificate (plus a matching award to the instructor or school)
- Third Place: $100 Rio Grande Gift Certificate (plus a matching award to the instructor or school)
Emerging Artist Competition Regulations
- Any designer 18 years of age or younger is welcome. Employees of Rio Grande or any affiliate or participating company (and immediate family members) may not participate.
- Employees of Rio Grande or any affiliate or participating company (and immediate family members) may not participate.
- You may submit as many entries as you wish, although only one finalist per category is possible.
- Winning pieces will be returned to designers by 24 August 2012.
How to Submit Your Designs?
The entry fee for the 2012 Saul Bell Design Award Emerging Artist Competition is $25 per entry.