The 2012 Love Your Shorts Film Festival (LYSFF), which will be held 10-12 February 2012 at the Wayne Densch Performing Arts Center in downtown Sanford, Florida, is now calling for entries. The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style. The year of production does not matter.
The Festival screens only short films under 30 minutes in length. Films are divided into different blocks for screening. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film and winners are announced on the spot.
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival is open to novice and veteran filmmakers, both amateur and professional in all categories.
The Love Your Shorts Film Festival in Sanford, Florida, is accepting short films in all genres and films with Florida connections. Entries cannot exceed 30 minutes, including credits.
The categories are:
Any live-action short that is not specifically comedy, science-fiction, or horror.
Any short documentary.
Any and all forms of animation.
- Florida Flavor
Any film either made primarily in Florida, or made anywhere by filmmakers that are residents of Florida during the film’s production.
- Sci-Fi / Horror
Live-action science-fiction, horror, and fantasy shorts.
Any live-action comedy short.
- E for Everyone
Family friendly films for the young and young at heart.
Films are divided into different blocks for screening. Audience members at each block vote for their favorite film and winners are announced on the spot.
The winning films from each block advance to a final block for a panel of judges to pick the overall festival winner. Winners of each block earn the festival’s award, the “Monroe,” an original piece of metal artwork named after Sanford’s Lake Monroe.
- The Love Your Shorts Film Festival welcomes short films in any style up to 30 minutes long. The year of production does not matter.
- A film can only be submitted to one category. A filmmaker may submit multiple films but is responsible for submitting each individually and paying appropriate submission fees for each film.
- This Florida Flavor category is open to films either made primarily in Florida, or films made anywhere by a filmmaker that is a resident of Florida during the film’s production. A film entered in this category cannot be entered in another category.
- Entrants must submit 2 DVD copies of their film.
- Officially selected films will be notified on or shortly after 1 January 2012.
How to enter?
Print, sign, and mail a copy of the completed form with a check or money order in U.S. funds, and two DVDs of your film to:Love Your Shorts Film Festival
c/o Nelson Beverly
122 W. 17th St.
Sanford, FL 32771
Entry fees vary from $20 to $45 depending on the deadline. The regular entry fee, for films submitted between 1 August – 30 September 2011, is $25 per entry.