The Worldwide Photography Gala Awards invites professional and non-professional photographers, as well as photography students worldwide, working in all media and to submit their work to the 3rd Edition of The WPGA Annual Pollux Awards.
Traditional, contemporary, avant-garde, creative and experimental works that include old and new processes, mixed techniques, and challenging personal, emotional or political statementsare welcome. Digital or traditional photography or combinations of both are acceptable.
A huge prize fund of $24,000 is reserved for the winners!
This competition will be organized in 6 contests, to be held in consecutive months starting in April, 2011. Photographs can be submitted to different categories in separate sections (Pro, nonPro, and Students), in both Portfolio and Single Image.
Below is a listing of all the competition categories of the 2011 WPGA Annual Pollux Awards:
- Culture and Daily Life
- Self Portrait
- Figure and Nude
- Fine Art
- Landscapes and Seascapes
- Animals and Wildlife
- Macro and Micro
- Still Life
- Performing Arts
- Editorial and Current Affairs
- Humanitarian Documentary
- Environmental Issues
- Alternative Processes
- Digital Manipulation
- Best of the Month: $1,000
- Photographer of the Year (Professional Section): $10,000 and Pollux Statue
- Photographer of the Year (Non-Professional Section): $5,000 and Pollux Statue
- Emerging Talent of the Year (Students Section): $3,000 and Pollux Statue
Best of the Month of each of the six contests, the prize winners of the Pollux Awards, and the first prizes of each category in the final selection of the Pollux Awards will be invited to exhibittheir prize-winning images on January, 2012 at The Palais de Glace in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The opening reception will be on 12 January 2012.
- All photographers, professional, non professional or amateurs, and students, from every country in the world are eligible to participate.
- A professional photographer is a person who makes (or has made) most of her/his income from this profession.
- Photographers of all ages are eligible to participate in the WPGA competitions.
- There is no limitation as to the number of images or series that may be submitted, or the number of categories to which the image or series is submitted.
- When the contest includes categories, all images or series will be judged in the respective categories they are submitted.
- If the competition includes single images and series or portfolios, and several categories, single images and series or portfolios can be submitted separately to more than one thematic category. Also an image which is part of a series or portfolio and that was submitted to the genre “Series” of a determined category, can be submitted to the genre “Single image” of the same category or other category.
- All images are submitted online as digital files. Photographers with analog images are encouraged to participate by scanning their images into a digital file that meets the submission requirements.
- There are no date restrictions as to when the photograph was created, or if the image has been previously awarded in other contest by other organizations.
How to enter?
Submit your entries online through the website of the Worldwide Photography Gala Awards.
- First 3 single images: $45; each additional image: $10
- Series or Portfolio (composed of 5 images): $50; each additional series: $30
- First 3 single images: $35: each additional image: $8
- Series or Portfolio (composed of 5 images): $40; each additional series: $20
- First 3 single images: $20; each additional image: $5
- Series or Portfolio (composed of 5 images): $25; each additional series: $10