Back for 2011, the Web Font Awards is the ceremony celebrating the newfound typographic freedom that Web designers are experiencing across the globe. The competition recognizes designers and websites that are putting this emerging technology to greatest use.
Aimed at promoting Web font awareness and adoption, the Web Font Awards is open to eligible users of any Web font service or technology that uses an @font-face declaration.
The competition culminates with a live award ceremony at the Future of Web Design conference, to be held 7–9 November, in New York City.
Websites Using @font-face Can be Submitted
This is a skill-based contest. Entrants create and submit for judging a web site that uses web fonts, through the @font-face declaration. To be eligible for judging an entry must be a website designed using Web font technology that serves fonts to the client machine through an @font-face declaration.
- your entry must be your own original work;
- you must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for you to submit your entry (including from any site to which your entry links through a “click through”); and
- your entry must not otherwise violate the rights of any other person or company by using their trademarks, music, logos, names or images without their express written consent and without appropriate ownership attribution.
Entries will be judged on three criteria: typography, creativity and usability, each of which will be equally weighted.
Even if you’re not a designer, you can participate in the Web Font Awards by rating and commenting on submissions.
Attend Future of Web Design London 2012 for Free
There are 3 Judges’s Choice prizes and 1 Community Choice prize to be won.
The prizes include invitations and VIP tickets to the 2012 Future of Web Design London Conference, 32GB iPad tablets, original font libraries, font management software and much more! The total approximate retail value of all prizes is US $111,936!
Who’s Eligible for the Web Font Awards?
You are eligible to enter 2011 Web Font Awards only if you meet all of the following requirements at time of entry:
- You are a professional or a hobbyist in the field of web design;
- You are 18 years of age or older;
- You are NOT a resident of any of the following countries: Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria (as U.S. export regulations prohibit the export of goods and services to these countries);
- You are NOT an employee of Monotype Imaging Inc., Linotype GmbH, Carsonified, FW Media, MAGMA Brand Design, Stiebner, Font Bureau, Typekit, Extensis, Google, FontShop, Emboss Fonts or any media affiliate identified at webfontawards.com, or any of their affiliated companies;
- You are NOT involved in any part of the administration and execution of this contest; and
- You are NOT an immediate family member (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of any person identified in the prior two bullet points.
There is no limit on the number of entries that you may submit.
How to Enter Your Website?
Websites can be registered online, through the official website. A free registration is required to submit.