It’s time for another edition of the Taiwan International Student Design Competition. This year, one grand prize winner will be awarded a prize of approximately $12,000 USD. Product designs, visual designs and digital animations are accepted. Participants can participate as individuals or in teams.
The theme of the 2011 Taiwan International Student Design Competition is “Next”.
The 2011 Taiwan International Student Design Competition is open for students who currently enroll at senior high schools or above.
The purpose of the Taiwan International Student Design Competition is to encourage international creative design exchange, develop creative design talents, express the international image of Taiwan attaching great importance to creative design, and establish the international design status of Taiwan.
The creative design of the 2011 competition theme “NEXT” must be expressed in the participating pieces:
- As we build upon the present, we sculpt our next step;
- As we move towards tomorrow, we care about people around us;
- As we inhabit this emaciated planet, we wish to meliorate the future;
- NEXT is in our hands.
Entries are accepted in the following categories:
- Product Design,
- Visual Design, and
- Digital Animation.
Make sure you follow the specific rules for every category while preparing and submitting your entries.
- Grand Prix 1 winner: NT$400,000 (approx. US$12,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Gold 1 winner (each category): NT$250,000 (approx. US$8,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Silver 1 winner (each category): NT$150,000 (approx. US$5,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Bronze 1 winner (each category): NT$100,000 (approx. US$3,000), an awarding cup and a certificate
- Honorable Mention winners: NT$10,000 (approx. US$300) and a certificate
- Sponsorship winners: Prize adjusted according to the sponsors, and a certificate
- The 2011 Taiwan International Student Design Competition is open for students who currently enroll at senior high schools or above.
- All participating works will not be returned.
- Participants can participate in the competition as individuals or in teams, there is no limit to the number of pieces.
- The participating works shall be one’s own designs.
- All the concepts, words, icons, sheets, pictures, videos, audios, music, animation contents and program of the work are not proven to be plagiarized or having involved in any infringement of copyrights or other laws.
- The delivered mockup is the participating work, to avoid the Taiwan customs process taking longer and affecting the work’s arrival time; the participants shall not fill in the work price over US$ 50, and all the participants are responsible for all the costs occurred for going through customs.
How to enter?
You can either register and submit your entries online through the official website or you can send your materials on CD/DVD. Please find more details on the official website.