The Princeton Student Film & Video Festival is seeking films for its 8th annual festival. It is open to high school and college students (or home-schooled, unschooled or not in school) between the ages of 14-24 from Princeton as well as anywhere near and far.
The films selected will be screened over 2 nights on Wednesday 20 July and Thursday 21 July 2011 at the Princeton Public Library, 65 Witherspoon Street, Princeton, New Jersey. The filmmakers with selected films will be invited to introduce their films and have a Q&A after the screening.
The screenings are intended for a teen and adult audience.
You are invited to submit films in many genres, including Abstract, Animation, Comedy, Commercial, Documentary, Feature, Environmental, Experimental, Mockumentary, Music Video, Personal Narrative, Public Service Announcement, and Other.
This year Princeton Student Film & Video Festival is adding an additional category – Where I’m From – to show local culture, community, landscape, a local place, an animal or a specific local person including self-portrait films about the student filmmaker’s life where they live.
All films must be an original work and have a running time of not more than 20 minutes.
The selected films will be screened over 2 nights – Wednesday 20 July and Thursday July 21 – in 2011 at the Princeton Public Library located at 65 Witherspoon Street in downtown Princeton, New Jersey.
There are no cash prizes or awards, however custom festival t-shirts with the names of the films selected and the filmmakers’ names are given out at the event to attending filmmakers or sent out to any selected filmmakers who cannot attend in-person.
- The festival accepts films from high school and college students (or home-schooled, unschooled or not in school) young people ages 14-24 from Princeton, as well as national and international entrants.
- Only filmmakers may submit films, they may not be submitted by any party who did not create the film, and the person signing the entry form authorizes the film’s entry in the 2011 Princeton Student Film & Video Festival and/or the Artist Visions Film Festival.
- Students may submit more than one film but must submit each film on separate DVDs.
- All films must be complete – no rough cuts to hold a spot for a finished work will be accepted.
- Submitted materials will not be returned.
How to enter?
All entries must be submitted on DVD and be accompanied by a completed entry form.