The 2011 Green Book Festival has issued its call for entries to its annual competition honoring books that contribute to greater understanding, respect for and positive action on the changing worldwide environment.
The 2011 Green Book Festival will consider published, self-published and independent publisher works in various categories.
Winners will be honored on 14 May 2011 in San Francisco.
The 2011 Green Book Festival will consider works in the following categories: non-fiction, fiction, children’s books, teenage, how-to, audio/spoken word, comics/graphic novels, poetry, science fiction/horror, biography/autobiography, gardening, cookbooks, animals, photography/art, e-books, wild card (anything goes!), scientific, white paper, legal, business, mystery and spiritual.
A panel of judges will determine the winners based on the following criteria:
- The overall writing style and presentation of the work.
- The potential of the work to enhance understanding of the environment and its issues.
The grand prize for the 2011 Green Book Festival Author of the Year is $1500 and transportation to the awards celebration in San Francisco or an equivalent amount donated in your name to the environmental charity of your choice.
Winners of the 2011 Green Book Festival will also receive e-certificates.
- Books published on or after 1 January 2005 are eligible for the 2011 Green Book Festival competition.
- Entries can be in English, Spanish, French, Portuguese or Italian.
- Each entry must contain your e-mail address and contact telephone number.
- Multiple submissions are permitted but each entry must be accompanied by a separate form and entry fee.
- All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
- Green Book Festival submissions cannot be returned and will be donated to a children’s charity at the end of the competition.
How to enter?
Enter online by filling an entry form on the official website.
Books can be entered as a hard copy or electronically as a .pdf/web link.
Entry packages must include one copy of the book; the entry fee or receipt from online payment; your e-mail address and telephone number. You may optionally include any relevant marketing materials, i.e., press kits or other material that illuminates the background of your book, or refer us to electronic versions. Please, no bookmarks.
Electronic entries should be sent to: GreenBookFestival [at] sbcglobal.net (please replace [at] with @)
Hard copy entries should be mailed to:JM Northern Media LLC
The Green Book Festival
7095 Hollywood Blvd. Suite 864
Hollywood, CA 90028, USA
Applications must be accompanied by a non-refundable entry fee via check, money order, credit card payment or PayPal online payment of $50 in U.S. dollars for each submission.