The 2011 Fourth Beijing International Music Competition – String Quartet will be held from 16th to 23rd September 2011 in Beijing, China. The competition is open to string quartets of all nationalities and races whose members are under the age of 35.
Founded in 2006, the Beijing International Music Competition (BJIMC) was established as a cultural project promoting classical music education and appreciation in China by bringing together musical masters and young musicians from all over the world.
So far, more than 240 young and talented musicians from around the world have applied to participate in the competition.
The Beijing International Music Competition (BJIMC) is a two-round competition in performing classical music.
The Beijing music competition is intended to:
- Cultivate excellent potential to find the music excellent rookies, provide more space and broad prospects for the majority of young musicians,
- Hasten the birth of new works and a more comprehensive literacy and skills,
- Promote cultural exchange between diverse music.
The 2011 Fourth Beijing International Music Competition – String Quartet will award certificates and prizes. All the contestants entering the first round will receive a souvenir.
The prize winners will have the opportunity to perform in the concerts, in September 2011.
- First Prize
- $30,000 U.S.
- BJIMC Cup and certificate
- Engagement after the competition (specific arrangement to be announced)
- Recording of the winner’s competition works
- Second Prize
- $15,000 U.S.
- BJIMC Medal and certificate
- Third Prize
- $8,000 U.S.
- BJIMC Medal and certificate
- The Best Interpretation of a Chinese Composition 1000 U.S. dollars
- The competition is open to string quartets of all nationalities and races whose members are under the age of 35 (born on or after 15 September 1976).
- The programs in the Award Presentation Concert will include recital and chamber music.
- All prizes will be awarded at the Award Presentation Concert; all winners will receive their prizes personally on the stage.
How to enter?
The following materials must be submitted by applicants. All the documents must be in English or Chinese.
- Completed application form
- Resume of the quartet
- Resumes of the four artists
- One photo (front, waist-up) of each artist (with artist’s name on the back of the photo)
- Two different photos of the quartet with instruments
- Two photocopies of passport or personal ID card of each artist
- Photocopy of diploma or other certification of professional education of each artist
- Recommendation letter for the quartet
- Photocopy of certificates awarded at other competition(s)
- Recording of pre-selection repertoire in the format of CD or DVD. The recording must not be more than one year old. Edited recordings are prohibited. All recordings must be clearly labeled with quartet name and repertoire. The BIMCA reserves the right to disqualify any applicant which does not submit a recording of professional quality.
The application materials must be sent to the Beijing Internation Music Competition Association (BIMCA) by registered letter, express delivery, postmarked no later than 12 May 2011.
Send application materials to:Beijing International Music Competition Administration
Suite 1804, Tower 5, SOHO New Town,
No. 88 JianGuo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, P. R. China Postcode: 100022
Accepted quartets should remit an entrance fee of $200 US.