The 2011 DiabetesMine™ Design Challenge, an online competition to encourage creative new tools for improving life with diabetes is still open for entries.
Do you have an idea for an innovative new diabetes device or web application? This is your chance to win up to $7,000 in cash and valuable assistance to realize your design concept – while potentially helping transform life with diabetes for millions of people struggling with this difficult condition.
The 2011 DiabetesMine™ Design Challenge will award a total of $25,000 in cash prizes!
This annual web-based competition, calls for fresh ideas for new devices, web applications, or other instruments designed to help people live better with diabetes.
Entries can be made in either video or paper submission format.
Three Grand Prize winners will be selected this year to each receive $7,000 cash, plus:
- a visit with Health and Wellness experts at the global design and innovation firm IDEO;
- a free access ticket to the “innovation incubator” Health 2.0 Conference planned for Semptember 2011 in San Francisco, California;
- introduction to Silicon Valley investors and other relevant experts; and
- additional hands-on assistance towards commercialization of your design idea, as appropriate
Plus, $2,500 cash for the “Most Creative Idea” and $1,500 for the “Best Kids’ Concept” category will be awarded.
- This competition is open to all. Entries are welcome from any individuals or organizations passionate about diabetes and product design ― patients, parents, caregivers, students, entrepreneurs, developers, engineers, etc. Entries are also welcome from kids age 17 and under, which will be judged in a separate category.
- Materials submitted may be published in the public domain, royalty-free, by the contest organizers, in conjunction with promotions of this competition.
- Entrants retain full intellectual property (IP) rights to their submitted concepts.
How to enter?
Entries are accepted online through the official website. Make sure you read these handy guidelines before you submit your entries.