Established in 2006, The Pixel Awards take a fresh look at the best on the web. The Pixel Awards is the cutting-edge website award, annually honoring compelling sites that have shown excellence in web design and development.
Sites are submitted in 24 diverse categories, including our unique Agency, Geek, and Green categories.
Any site can enter. Only 24 exceptional sites will win.
Submit your websites to the competition.
The judges look for a creative and technical blend of impeccable graphic design, artistry, technological expertise, and a powerful, stimulating user experience. These sites are the best of the web, folks, so it’s necessary to evaluate each site against the following criteria:
- Innovation – The site must bring something new to the table, break barriers.
- Content – All the words, music, animation, video, and info on the site.
- Navigation – How users move around the site.
- Visual design – Graphic appearance of the site.
- Functionality – Creative and efficient use of technology, interactivity, and usability.
- Overall site experience – All of the above combined, the overall site impression.
Every Pixel Awards winner receives a fabulous trophy and prize package. The Pixel Awards trophy is as unique as the sites it recognizes.
The 2010 nominees and winners will receive this sweet prize package:
- 120 Nominees Get:
- 2,500 email credits from MailChimp
- A 100% cotton Pixel Awards t-shirt
- A large vector sample pack from Go Media
- 24 Category Winners Get: (All of the nominee prizes above, plus)
- A one-of-a-kind Pixel Awards trophy
- 10,000 email credits + 3 inbox inspections from MailChimp
- A 6-month Basic subscription from HARVEST (new accounts only, transferable if you already have an account)
- A complete vector set of your choice from Go Media (up to $34.99 value)
- 24 People’s Champ Winners Get: (All of the nominee prizes above, plus)
- An extra 100% cotton Pixel Awards t-shirt
- Bragging rights!
- Any individual or organization worldwide is eligible to submit a website(s) in the call for entries.
- Websites can be submitted in multiple categories. Each submission requires a submission fee payable through PayPal.
- Each site is judged a minimum of three times and five nominees in each category are announced. A second round of judging then occurs and winners are announced in each category. All voting is tabulated for fairness and accuracy.
- A qualified panel of judges determines nominees and winners for each Pixel Awards category.
- Pornographic sites or sites with “hate” language and other extraordinarily offensive content are not eligible.
How to enter?
Submit your entries on the official website.
Each submission requires a submission fee payable through PayPal. Each submission will be $75 per category through June 2010. Effective 01 July 2010, pricing will be $100 per category.